Monday, July 25, 2011

About ME

So - a little bit about me now. I am a new mother of a beautiful 4 month old baby girl, B. She is amazing. I always knew that I wanted to be a mother, but I had no idea that being a mother would change my life so much, and in so many ways. I had no idea that I would love being a mother as much as I do. And as much work as I thought it would be, it turns out that it is actually MORE!  Some of my childless friends have asked me to describe how it feels, and it  really is hard to put into words. My life changed the minute I peed on that stick. It was as if my life was a planet, and my planet was revolving around my own little sun. And then, all of a sudden, my orbit changed completely, and I began to orbit around a different sun aka Baby.
As cheesy as it sounds, a quote from Breaking Dawn (Twilight) explains it best:

"Everything inside me came undone... All the lines that held me to my life were sliced apart in swift cuts, like clipping the strings to a bunch of balloons. Everything that made me who I was ... disconnected from me in that second – snip, snip, snip – and floated up into space. I was not left drifting. A new string held me where I was...The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood. It was the baby ... that held me here now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment